Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Did Someone Say Quiche??



Most of you don't know how much I like Quiche…except for Karen Phillips.  Her and I dream and drool over Quiche.  Once the word "Quiche" is said, we both exchange "mmmmmmm's" in unison.  Her and I…..okay, I think you get the point about how much both Karen and I love Quiche!

So, I was craving Quiche (who would've thought!).  However, I didn't want the traditional Broccoli and Cheddar cheese recipe.  The first reason being, I didn't have any of those ingredients on hand, and secondly I am trying to eat healthy.  Don't you love the order of those reasons? ;)

Like everyone in the world, I browsed Pinterest for a healthy Quiche recipe that maybe, possibly would include cottage cheese and asparagus.  What an interesting combination, huh?  And like everyone else in the world, I found my answer on Pinterest.  

The original recipe is for a crustless Quiche, but since eating healthy came in second place, I decided to make this recipe with crust.  Cause everyone likes crustless Quiche better- said NO ONE EVER.

Make it how you choose.  I bought some really cheap, crappy crusts, so next time I am going to try this crustless.

This is so freaking good, it actually became my new favorite Quiche.  I had it for breakfast AND lunch today…. and I will probably, most unashamedly do the same tomorrow too.


Asparagus Quiche
Original recipe from here 

i n g r e d i e n t s :
1 lb Asparagus
1/2 red onion, diced
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 cup cottage cheese
4 organic eggs
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp. seeded mustard
Salt
Pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

d i r e c t i o n s :
Prepare the asparagus by trimming off any of the dry ends. Simply break with your hands, the asparagus will naturally break at the right spot.

Cook asparagus in oil.  Cook until stalks are bright green (about 3 minutes).  You do not want the stalks to get too soft, as they will continue cooking in the oven.

While asparagus is cooking, mix the cottage cheese, milk, eggs, mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor.  Mix until smooth. Pour into bowl and mix with parmesan cheese and red onion.

Once asparagus is cooked, place 5-10 stalks to the side (depends on how many stalks you would like to lay on top of the egg mixture).  Cut up the rest of the stalks and add to the egg mixture.

Mix egg mixture well.  Once mixed, pour into crust (if going crustless, make sure to oil the dish first).  Place full stalks on top in a row (do not overlap).

Place in over and cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment