Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumpkin Pie in a Cup


WOW!!! Has it really been 6 months since last writing in here!! Wowza, things have changed drastically... Let's see, this warm weather, ocean loving California girl moved to Denver, Colorado!!  I have been here for about 4 months and am absolutely loving it!!

But nevermind the BIG life changes in my life, lets move on to move important things: IT'S FALL!!!


Why do I love fall so much? I love the crisp air, PUMPKINS, fires in a fireplace, cuddling up with a good book, changing leaves, and my dearest dearest PSL.


Although my love for pumpkin is true and whole, I am not able to endulge in its dreaminess for another 15 days!!  That is TERRIBLE, its almost CRUEL!!!  The reason why I have to wait is due to the fact that I am on a  major clean eating regime.  When I mean major, I mean no gluten (good bye bread and pasta), no dairy (adios PSL), no sugar or artificial sweet, no soy (GOOD RIDDANCE!) and organic meat.  The first week was challenging, but now I am truly identifying what certain foods do to me, and I have also experienced my likeness for black coffee.

I am feeling more energetic and lost more weight in the first half than I anticipated (another blog post on that).  My cravings have been under control for the most part, EXCEPT TODAY.  I wanted my normal iced coffee with pumpkin so FREAKING bad, I thought I was going to cheat.  But then I had a brilliant plan....PUMPKIN PIE SHAKEOLOGY!!!   WHOOOO HOOOO!!! I was so excited when that genius thought came to my head.  Mind you, I'm not the genius who came up with the recipe, just the one who thought of it today haha.



Pumpkin Pie Shakeology

  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/2 canned Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
  • Ice to taste
Blend and top with additional nutmeg and cinnamon.  And then savor the flavor!!!


One last word to further show my obsession of Pumpkin...





No comments:

Post a Comment