Monday, October 7, 2013

Banana Muffins {Gluten-Free}


Well, as most of you have heard, congress has not made its mind up on the budget.  Which in translation means that many government employees got furloughed- including this one.  At first I was stressing out, how would I make my rent, pay my bills and eat?  Well luckily I am okay for the first two, and I guess I'll just have to go on an extended Shakeology cleanse hehe.

But being furloughed has had its ups and downs.  Naturally, being an optimist I will start with the up.  I don't have to go to work!  The down is that I am not getting paid.  Black and white.  But, I do have my coaching business to supplement my income for now.  Being furloughed has really opened my eyes to the fact that you can't totally depend on anything other than yourself.  I mean, I thought that being a federal employee meant that I would never have to worry about not receiving a paycheck, it's the most stable job out there!  But now I realize that all I have to truly depend on is me.  And that is why I am creating my dream job.

So what am I doing with all my time?  FURLOUGH PARTY!!! Whoooo hoooo....



And my time also consists of cooking and baking healthy alternatives for my gluten-free lifestyle.

And let me tell you... these muffins are GOOD!!! I'm eating one as we speak.


I will say, if you are looking for a super sweet muffin, then these are not for you.  Ever since embarking upon my strict paleo eating, I have found that the slightest sweetness satisfies me.  I used to be a SUGARHOLIC!!  My morning coffee from Starbucks tasted like dessert.  But not anymore, I am good with just a tiny bit of sweet, so if you're okay with that than go ahead and make this babies!

Banana Muffins {Gluten-Free}


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups almond flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 over ripe bananas (the browner the sweeter)
  • 4 tbsp melted butter (I used ghee)
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
  • Dash of Salt
  • 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • 2 tbsp Maple Syrup





Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  While waiting for oven, mash bananas VERY well with fork.  Add the rest of the ingredients with the banana.  I would beat the eggs in a separate bowl before mixing.  Line cupcake pan with muffin tins and fill each one about 3/4 full.  Bake for 18 minutes.  Yields 12 muffins.



Enjoy and sing "This sh*t is bananas... B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"




No comments:

Post a Comment