Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cauliflower Tortillas

Hey...what day is it?!  Come on, say it.....SAY IT!!  It's HUMP DAY!!



I had to, it would make my Dad really happy to see this commercial whenever he wants to!

Anyway, this must be a blog record, twice in three days?  This WILL be the new standard!! Excited to share with you all some of the new things I've been cooking!

I've been clean eating for 16 days now and have lost a total of 10.5 lbs. Crazy huh?  With my diet I cannot have corn or gluten, so that pretty much wipes out any tortillas.  And I REALLY wanted tacos this week.  Who doesn't crave tacos and mexican food when they are on a diet? Probably no one.

But with some research on Pinterest and a photo from one of my friends, I found my solution to my dilemma. You can view the original post here. CAULIFLOWER!!  Why hadn't I thought of this before?  I mean I have made Cauliflower Pizza crust (which is delicious by the way), I mean cauliflower tortillas makes sense!



If you didn't know cauliflower is super versatile.  You can make tortillas, pizza crust, mash them, fry them, bake them....anything them.  And for your skeptics out there, these tortillas do NOT taste like cauliflower.  I would say that they don't taste like tortillas either.  These tortillas have a more nutty taste and smell.  They are softer than tortillas, but this could probably be alleviated by crisping them up with some oil.

Nevertheless, these tortillas are my way of getting through any clean eating challenges!! They hold up, they serve their purpose, and they are pretty delicious!  Now on to the good stuff....

Cauliflower Tortillas


Ingredients:
  • 3/4 head of cauliflower, or 2 cups riced
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • Grate the cauliflower or chop it up in a food processor.



  • Place cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.  Stir and then microwave for 2 more minutes.
  • Place cooked cauliflower in a towel and ring out the excess water.  You will want to get rid of as much water as possible, and be careful, it will be extremely hot!

  • Next, mix in the 2 eggs and add salt and pepper to your taste.
  • The mixture may be a little running, but should not be watery.
  • Spread mixture in 6 small circles on the parchment paper.
  • Place in over for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
  • Once cooked in over, place in medium sized pan over medium heat to brown a little bit.



Fill up with toppings to your hearts desire and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment