Monday, July 28, 2014

Mmmspiration Monday

Happy Monday Morning!!


I don't know about you, but if I don't get prepared for the week on Sundays, I totally feel like that little guy on Mondays. I like my Monday's to run as smoothly as possible.  I know that once I get to work I will have a million tasks to complete during the week and I don't want to have to think about laundry, dirty dishes, prepping food, or even cleaning.

So here's to a smooth running week, cause I got all my stuff done yesterday :)

I've decided that I would like to start some new Monday blog posts.  I would like to help you my readers by giving inspirations to meetings.  I sometimes totally blank on what I should make for dinner every once in a while, and during those time I need some culinary inspiration. By no means am I a culinary genius, just a girl who likes to cook.

So today's Monday "Mmmspiration" is a homemade naked burrito, which is inspired by Chipotle.


This is a super simple "throw together" recipe.  You most likely have all the ingredients you need in your refrigerator.

Ingredients:
- Chicken Breast
- Chipotle Powder
- Pepper
- Green Bell Peppers
- Sweet Onions
- Brown Rice
- Black Beans
- Corn
- Salsa
- Avocados
- Guacamole Mix
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
- Make Guacamole by mashing 3 avocados and mixing with the Guacamole powder mix. Set in refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to eating (trust me on this).



- Season Chicken Breast with Pepper and Chipotle Powder.  Grill until chicken in cooked.

- Cook brown rice according the instructions.

- While rice is cooking, saute your green peppers and sweet onion in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

- Cook corn and black beans over stove top.

- Dish out rice and the dish out black beans and corn.  Top with chicken, peppers, salsa and Guacamole.


And voila!  You have yourself a simple and delicious Naked Burrito bowl.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment