Thursday, February 28, 2013

Clean Homemade Granola!

Who doesn't love granola?? I mean you can put it in/on everything!! My personal favorite is with milk and some dried fruit...I'm salivating now.

Wiping my face up.

But the problem is, its so hard to find granola without all the processed junk and tons of sugar! Not to mention it can be pretty darn expensive to buy! But no worries you concerned readers!! I found a website for CLEAN and EASY granola! 

I got this recipe from thegraciouspantry.com. Let me tell you, if you are looking for a blog that has a ton of clean, unprocessed food then that's you site!

I have never made granola before, actually never thought about it until recently. This recipe is soooo simple, super cheap and makes your house smell fabulous! Not to mention it's delicious!! If you are looking for super sweet granola, then this is NOT the recipe for you.

It has just enough sweetness that you can eat it with milk and be fine. It also has a wonderful appley (is that a word?) flavor.  Trust me, if you make this once you are in for an ADDICTION! I have been finding myself mindlessly wandering into the kitchen just to grab a handful of oats.

"Clean Eating Granola"


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups mixed grains (I used oats, barley and wheat- from the big containers at Sprouts)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat over to 325 degrees. Put your grains in a large  mixing bowl and set aside.  In a separate bowl, mix all remaining ingredients with a whisk.  Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the grains and blend well.  At first, it will seem as though there isn't enough wet stuff, but keep mixing.  It will eventually blend well and coat evenly.

Spread over a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes so it doesn't burn. It's done when it feels dry and has a nice golden brown color.

Enjoy your new food addiction! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment