Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tasty "Pizza" Tuesday!


What's the best thing about Football season?  The food at the parties!  My fattiness is coming out, now you see why I need to find "skinny" alternatives to all the yummy food out there.  I know some Skinny recipes aren't exactly HEALTHY per se, but hey!  I don't want to be deprived from eating yummy food when I am watching my calories only to later binge out and completely mess up my week. So indulging in some lower calorie alternatives can actually help me stay on track. Who's with me?!

I found this recipe from the Dashing Dish (http://dashingdish.com/recipe/super-skinny-pizza-pinwheels/).  If you haven't checked out that site, go there NOW and look up all her endless amounts of yummy low-cal food.  Hopefully, after Christmas I will have a better camera to take pictures with (ahem Jordan).  But until then bear with me!

Take these delicious little pizza Pinwheels with you to your next football party, your friends will love you, and your waist will love you too!

Super Skinny Pizza Pinwheels (from the Dashing Dish)


Ingredients:

- 1 package of Reduced fat crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Turkey Pepperonis, sliced into quarters
- 1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Spread the dough out over the prepared baking sheet, gently pulling on all four corners of the dough to stretch the dough out.

In a small bowl, mix together the sauce, seasonings, pepperoni, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.  Spread the mixture out over the dough, spreading even with a spatula.

Starting at the long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolled into a long skinny log.  Cut into eight even rolls.

Arrange the rolls swirl-side-up on the baking sheet, and bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Serve warm!!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment