Monday, February 11, 2013

Skinny Taco Dip



So I became one of those girls that is OBSESSED with Pinterest (aren't we all?), which now entails countless hours looking up delicious recipes that will most likely make me gain weight, millions of dollars in renovations to my future house, and 10 different wedding invitations to my non-existent wedding.  Boy, do the makers of Pinterest sure know how to get to a woman's heart...and time.

Buttt the good news about Pinterest is that I have found some fabulous food blogs and many great "skinny" recipes.  I saw this recipe swim countless laps in the Pinterest pool, and it always grabbed my attention, but for some unknown reason I was skeptical and uninterested.  Then one day in planning for an event I needed to make some appetizers, and then voila! This recipe came to mind, and it has all be down-hill since.

How should I describe this recipe? Freaking ever-present "mmm's", can't stop eating, one more chip delicious.  Does that get your attention yet? It should. Every time I have made this recipe my guests have LOVED it and it has been scarfed down within minutes.  It's super easy, delicious, and it's low calories- so it's an appetizers you can enjoy even while on a diet.


Ingredients:


  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa (my personal favorite is the Von's brand)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 2 diced large tomatoes
  • 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz sliced black olives


Directions:


In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a glass dish. Top with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and black olives. Serve with organic blue corn tortilla chips.

*You can add avocados, jalapenos, and other toppings if desired.

I got this recipe from the incredible food blog Skinnytaste. Go visit Gina's website for more out-of-this-world crazy delicious low-calorie meals!





No comments:

Post a Comment